Evidence Based Strategies
- Improve ventilation by installing and maintaining systems that increase ventilation rates above industry standards and code requirements.
Best Practice Strategies
- Monitor airflow and quality to appropriately adapt ventilation systems.
- Design operable windows to improve thermal comfort and place them for optimal cross-ventilation.
- Install mechanical ventilation systems in buildings with low-leakage building envelopes.
- Install outdoor air economizers in commercial buildings to increase ventilation rates and save energy.
- Direct outdoor air-intake systems away from sources of pollutants.